Friday, February 4, 2011

Fireproof

Fireproof is an engaging and enlightening story of a married couple whose marriage is 'tried by fire', so to speak.
Caleb Holt's (Kirk Cameron) relationship with his wife Catherine (Erin Bethea) is steadily declining. While fights and arguments are becoming more and more frequent in their married life, both of them are struggling in their own personal lives as well.
Caleb Holt is a firefighter, and his job has taught him to 'never leave your partner behind'. Unfortunately, this does not seem to carry over into his marriage. Caleb has allowed sin to get in the way of what's really important in his life, blinding him to the fact that his marriage is rapidly nearing an end. Catherine finally insists on getting a divorce, and only then does Caleb see how far he's fallen.
Caleb tells his father John about the upcoming divorce, and John, who is a strong Christian, challenges Caleb to a 30-day 'Love Dare', and Caleb reluctantly agrees.
Caleb follows this 'Love Dare' plan, and begins to treat Catherine better, doing chores and surprising her with little gifts and a candle-light dinner. Though at first he follows the plan merely to please his father, Caleb eventually begins to truly change, and at last he gives up the greatest sin that has taken hold of his life. But Catherine refuses to see that Caleb has changed, determined to go through with the divorce.
As this is merely a movie review, I will leave the ending unsaid so that you will (hopefully) watch the movie to find out what happens. Personally, I love this movie, and I recommend it to everyone, young and old. It is a wonderful Christian movie and is one of the best that I've seen. I hope that if you watch it you will enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! They are much appreciated!
~WWG Team~

Labels

books (1) Challenges (2) Fear (1) lyrics (14) movies (1) prayers (4) reviews (2) story (1) Verse (3)