Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Summer/God"

Hey Peeps!
I saw this post on my friend's blog, and I just couldn't resist sharing it with all of you.

Summer (A Guest Post by Nova)

(A big thank you to Qui for letting me post on her amazing blog! :D)  Summer is a time for happiness; pool parties, watermelon, friends, no school, the beach, getting tan (which I can never seem to do.) general amazing-ness. But do you ever just sit back and say “Wow. I’m so thankful for all of this!”?

I know I don’t. And I don’t want to speculate about your personal life, but I’m betting you don’t either. 

When you’re at the beach, do you just randomly sit back and say “Thank you God, for giving me another day and letting me spend it doing such amazing things?” I don’t.

The good thing is, we don’t have to. God knows we are thankful, and even when we sin, He loves us. Even when we don’t say we’re thankful, He knows we are. And even when we don’t fully understand His plan, we know he only wants the best for us. 

So what I am going to encourage you to do-not necessarily right now, not even today. But what I encourage you to do is remember. Remember that God gave you this day and that you should be thankful for every minute of it. And that when you are in the middle of a volleyball game, or a water balloon fight, or at the pool, take a second, just a second, to let yourself be quiet and thank God for that day, that moment, and all of the moments  that will come after. 




Wow! That is just an awesome post! Well I hope you all are having a great summer.
~Selina

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! They are much appreciated!
~WWG Team~

Labels

books (1) Challenges (2) Fear (1) lyrics (14) movies (1) prayers (4) reviews (2) story (1) Verse (3)