Do you remember the first time you heard the Christmas Story? I don't, but I'm pretty sure I have heard it every single year for my entire sixteen years of life.
It's my favorite story. Of all time.
This past Sunday, I was the teacher of the lesson for the four and five year olds at my church. The lesson focused on Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem and the birth of Baby Jesus.
I think we sometimes get so caught up in the busyness of Christmas, preparing presents, decorating, making sure everything is getting into the Christmas cheer that we forget about the reason why everything is happening.
I think this Christmas, we need to get back into the mindset of that child again. You know, the one who is fascinated by the story of a girl, a man, and a Baby. Shepherds and sheep angels. Wise kings and a foolish king. A star. And a God Who loves us so much that He sent His only Son to save us from certain death.
~noelle
(the first in a series of posts that will lead up to Christmas Day)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! They are much appreciated!
~WWG Team~