Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Character Challenge

My planner has a montly character challenge. I used to send these out by email, but I decided it would be more effective to post these. I'm going to do these as weekly until we catch up to where I am in my planner. I'm going to start at the beginning.

Courage

"After the respite, Christians again came under persecution, this time from Marcus Aurelius, in A.D. 61. One who suffered was Polycarp, the venerable bishop of Smyrna...As he entered the stadium with his guards, a voice from heaven was heard to say, "Be strong, Polycarp, and play the man." No one nearby saw anyone speaking but many people heard the voice. Brought before the tribunal and the crowd, Polycarp refused to deny Christ, although the proconsul begged him to "consider yourself and have pity on your great age. Reproach Christ and I will release you." Polycarp replied," Eighty-six years I have served Him, and He never once wronged me. How can I blaspheme my King, who saved me?" Threatened with wild beasts and fire, Polycarp stood his ground." -John Foxe

"The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?" ~Psalm 27:1 (NIV)

Can you also be strong in the face of persecution?

~Noelle

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Kept wondering what happened to those emails. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! They are much appreciated!
~WWG Team~

Labels

books (1) Challenges (2) Fear (1) lyrics (14) movies (1) prayers (4) reviews (2) story (1) Verse (3)